When it comes to insuring garage keepers, there are several insurance coverages that you should consider. Garage keepers insurance is specifically designed to protect businesses that take custody of customers’ vehicles, such as auto repair shops, valet parking services, and car dealerships. The specific insurance policies you need may vary depending on the nature of your business and the risks involved. Here are some insurance coverages commonly associated with garage keepers:
- Garage Liability Insurance: This coverage protects against claims for bodily injury or property damage caused to third parties, such as customers or their vehicles, during your business operations. It typically covers medical expenses, legal fees, and settlements or judgments if you’re found liable.
- Garage Keepers Liability Insurance: Garage keepers liability insurance specifically covers damage to customers’ vehicles while they are in your care, custody, or control. It provides coverage for damage caused by perils such as fire, theft, vandalism, or collisions. This coverage is essential for businesses that take responsibility for customers’ vehicles.
- Garage Keepers Physical Damage Insurance: This coverage provides protection for physical damage to customers’ vehicles while they are in your care. It covers damage caused by accidents, collisions, theft, vandalism, fire, or other covered risks. This coverage can be valuable for repair shops or businesses that have a higher risk of damage to customers’ vehicles.
- Business Property Insurance: Business property insurance protects your physical assets, such as the building, tools, equipment, and inventory, from perils like fire, theft, vandalism, or natural disasters. It can help cover the costs of repairing or replacing damaged property.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: If you have employees working in your garage, workers’ compensation insurance is crucial. It provides coverage for medical expenses and lost wages if an employee is injured or becomes ill while working at your facility.
- Business Interruption Insurance: This coverage is valuable for garage keepers as it can compensate for lost income, ongoing expenses, and additional costs if your business operations are temporarily interrupted due to a covered event, such as a fire, natural disaster, or equipment breakdown.